How would you rate your knowledge of our dear old Sarnia Cherie ? Are you a ‘Bailiwick Brainiac‘ or a ‘Channel Island Chump‘ when it comes to an appreciation of the history and culture of THE best Channel Island ?
Test your knowledge with 25 questions we’ve prepared to tempt & tease out those nuggets of information that we’re sure you will have squirrelled away somewhere in the recesses of your brain. And if not, and it’s all new to you, then, hey – “Every day is a school day” as they say 🙂
Roll over a question to reveal its answer.
(12) Who attacked Fort George on June 5,1944?
(13) The circle of stones at Pleinmont Point is believed to be what?
(14) Which Guernsey chapel is home to a fresco of The Last Supper?
(15) What is the claim to fame of 26 Cornet Street, St Peter Port?
(16) What is the colour of Guernsey post boxes?
(17) Which is Guernsey’s most circular bay?
(18) In which century did Frederick Lukis excavate Le Dehus Dolmen on Guernsey?
(19) The construction of which fort began in 1780?
(20) Why was Guernsey’s first glasshouse built?
(21) What are Grockles in Guernsey?
(23) Which is the smallest Parish church?
(24) What are the words of the Loyal Toast?